All 3D objects made of PP, PE or PET plastic can be treated. Even those with an irregular shape thanks to a considerable variety of burners produced by EsseCI for flame treatment. You can start production from mixture generators Type 080, for manual applications, to get to robot applications with Type 070 or 170 mixture generators.
Flame Treatment For 3D Object
Some experiences have been done in Europe and USA using special primers or promoters, who do not need flaming. When we compare different treatment methods, we must compare some important points:
- High results
- Fast production
- Low costs
- High safety
It is well known by many years of experiences and many applications on different types of materials that flaming treatment can reach very high level much higher than 46-48 dyne/cm, and then water paint paints could be used, reducing environment pollution. On the other hand many tests made on materials with primer only or promoter have shown acceptable adhesion but lower than flaming.
Flaming system is absolutely environmental free, and 100% human being safe. No gas free is present in the room, where the flaming is installed. Many interlocked safety systems are fitted and inall this years of working in the market, no failure to the products or no one has been injured.
On the opposite using a primer or a promoter it is necessary to provide special exhaust system very expensive to remove volatile residuals that are dangerous for the equipment and mainly for the operators. All this shows that flame treatment is the best way to increase surface adhesion before plastic painting
Flame treatment is very fast: there are installations where a bumper can be treated in less than 40 seconds if using a robot, or less than 10 seconds if using a mechanical reciprocator. Small parts are treated in 1 second.
Investment costs is important, but more important is the production costs. A well known car producers in Brazil experienced both systems in their painting lines:
- Special primers
The result was:
- After 12 months the production costs when using the special primer and promoter was R$ 1.000.000 higher than when using flaming system!
- With such amount they can buy 20 flaming equipment each year!!
- With same or better results!
A flaming treatment equipment is composite by a main control unit (air / gas mixture generator ) complete of all safety, control systems and of the special combustion analyser to get the best flame composition. The number of flaming stations used is depending by the complexity of surfaces, by the quantity and the speed of the pieces to be treated.
Each station has own safety and control systems and it is provided of suitable burners of adequate length with individual variable flame system. Special flexible hoses are placed on the robot arm, provided to connect the burner by piping to the mixture generator. The burner is a special type with flame detector and ignition electrode. A programmable controller provides the supervision of all operation.
- The combustible mixture is produced on the machine
- The value of the feed gas pressure makes it available with the city mains gas at low pressure
- Equipped with independent controls to adjust the fuel mixture flow and air / gas ratio
- The generator incorporates a small electric control board
- Range mixture flow 3 ÷ 15m3/h
- Max. Air Pressure 6bar
- Gas inlet pressure 30mbar
- Max gas flow 0,5 m3/h (methane) 0,2 m3/h (LPG)
- Power electric 200÷240V 50÷60Hz 20W
- Dimensions LxHxD 155x225x170 mm
- Weight 6kg
- The mixture generator 070 is available in 4 sizes
- Designed to work with any type of gas
- Fitted with an automatic ignition and a continuous flame detection
- The system allows the treatment of plastic parts, having a complex geometry, thanks to the flexibility of the flame length adjustment
- Adjustable mixture flow in analog way or in multi-level settings
- The mixture generator 170 is available in 4 sizes
- Designed to work with any type of gas
- Fitted with a calorimetric system (Jonoflame) to adjust mixture composition and continuous flame detection
- Equipped with operator panel, process parameters reading and alarms
- Adjustable mixture flow in analog or multi-level set